Cain & Skarnulis has represented national homebuilders, developers, engineers and architects, contractors and subcontractors, and inspectors, as well as homeowners.
Charlie Cain grew up working in the construction business—his dad was a homebuilder—and he has a deep passion for handling and resolving construction disputes. We have also advised owners of their rights in construction projects and have litigated meritorious construction defect claims on their behalf. We have handled cases involving:
- Litigation involving virtually every type of commercial and residential construction defect claim, from minor matters to major structural defect claims
- Payment and performance bond claims, and lien claims
- Defective product claims
- Claims involving mold and water intrusion
- Engineering error and omission claims
- Warranty claims, both express and implied
- Land use and development claims
- Claims against professional inspectors
Cain & Skarnulis has assisted numerous construction companies and design professionals in drafting contract documents, contract review, and professional service agreements.
The recent litigation over whether Cy-Fair ISD can require its staff to attend in-person professional development on campus prior to the start of the school year provides an opportunity for a refresher on satisfying the requirements for injunctive relief, mandamus relief, standing, and the waiver of governmental immunity.