Business is a contact sport. But sometimes it goes further than sharp business practices. The law recognizes this with tort actions. We have experience in cases involving such torts:
- Fiduciary litigation
- Copyright and trademark violations, including statutory violations both state and federal
- Trade dress claims, as well as claims of unfair competition, both common law and statutory
- Violations of non-compete agreements
- Fraud, misrepresentation, and negligent misrepresentation
- Professional Negligence (REC)
- Intentional interference with business relations
- Defamation and business disparagement
Our firm prosecutes and defends these torts regularly, and successfully. We also have significant experience in the sale and winding up of closely held businesses.
The recent litigation over whether Cy-Fair ISD can require its staff to attend in-person professional development on campus prior to the start of the school year provides an opportunity for a refresher on satisfying the requirements for injunctive relief, mandamus relief, standing, and the waiver of governmental immunity.