Cain & Skarnulis has represented national homebuilders, developers, engineers and architects, contractors and subcontractors, and inspectors, as well as homeowners.
Charlie Cain grew up working in the construction business—his dad was a homebuilder—and he has a deep passion for handling and resolving construction disputes. We have also advised owners of their rights in construction projects and have litigated meritorious construction defect claims on their behalf. We have handled cases involving:
- Litigation involving virtually every type of commercial and residential construction defect claim, from minor matters to major structural defect claims
- Payment and performance bond claims, and lien claims
- Defective product claims
- Claims involving mold and water intrusion
- Engineering error and omission claims
- Warranty claims, both express and implied
- Land use and development claims
- Claims against professional inspectors
Cain & Skarnulis has assisted numerous construction companies and design professionals in drafting contract documents, contract review, and professional service agreements.
Blair’s article is a good read for lawyers on both sides of the “v.” It gives important advice, such as, “Avoid alleging facts that cannot be supported at trial. Plead consistent with your facts and with enough detail to get the right parties to the table. An insurer with a defense but no indemnification obligation may hamper settlement discussions.”